Saturday, 28 December 2013

Re: America's Most Popular Bars In 2013

Hey Travis!
 
I think that BuzzFeed usually does a good job in their compilation lists, and there are some interesting suggestions here in the "Best Bar"  list.
 
Having said that, I think they missed the mark here.   Florida's supposedly best bar on South Beach is a big fat "Fail";  as is North Carolina's Raleigh Times Rooftop bar.  (A lot of great bars over on and around Western Blvd. near N.C. State!)
 
As much as I want to go to "The Shed" in Ocean Springs Mississippi, (I heard that there is a new one now opened in Gulfport)  I hardly think that The Shed would even be considered a bar, but rather a good bbq restaurant where great blues and rock n roll is played!   (Okay, I will give BuzzFeed a star on this one!   I've never been but want to go!)   
 
Personally, I took issue with the bars listed in most of the Southeast, where I am familiar with!  I mean, I have never even heard of the place listed in Nashville, but how could it outrank Tootsie's Orchid Bar?  Louisiana's was Pat O'Brien's,  and I am familiar with this fine establishment.....Pat O'Briens is a great bar, been there I think since the late 1950s or early 1960s;  and I like this place, but to suggest that Pat O'Brien's is the best bar in Louisiana, or even Algiers Parrish in New Orleans is not at all accurate!
 
South Carolina's, beach bar over on Mt. Pleasant is a "Fair/Good" Choice, but I think there are probably better places on Myrtle Beach and possibly even Columbia or Greenville/Spartanburg.   Atlanta Georgia's choice bites as does Alabama's and Arkansas......I know that if those places don't have saw dust floors and cold draft beer, they too will most likely "Fail" in my book!
 


On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Travis <baconlard@gmail.com> wrote:

--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.