Friday, 20 December 2013

Fwd: Erasing Southern History: The Bonfire of the Portraits





[[[  I'm Southern born and Southern bred and when I die I will be Southern dead.  ]]

December 20, 2013

Erasing Southern History: The Bonfire of the Portraits

By Fay Voshell

When traveling recently to Virginia Beach, I couldn't help but notice that I was no longer in Yankee land.  I was in an entirely different world, one still significantly defined by the Civil War.  

I passed street after street named after famous southern generals -- General Jackson Drive, General Lee Drive, General Beauregard Drive, and General Hill Drive.  Though he was a "general" of a different sort, even General Booth, founder of the Salvation Army, has a boulevard named after him. 

It was clear to me that Southerners revere their generals.

And for good reason.

The South's generals have long been a part of the proud history of the region.  Robert E. Lee's and Stonewall Jackson's military strategies are considered some of the most brilliant in the history of warfare, and this is to say nothing of their exemplary characters.  They are honored to this day for their bravery and brilliance.  That is why their portraits are on the walls of the U.S. Army War College, which is dedicated to the training of future generals, some of whom may one day show that they, too, have absorbed a code of honor and chivalry.

But according to the Washington Times, revisionists are mulling over a decision to remove Lee's and Jackson's portraits from the walls of the War College, lest that august institution be sullied by the memory of generals who fought on the wrong side.  

The article reports that the College's spokeswoman, Carol Kerr, stated there was someone who complained about the portraits.  "This person was struck by the fact we have quite a few Confederate images," she said, adding that the portraits were re-hung on a third-floor hallway.  "[Lee] was certainly not good for the nation. This is the guy we faced on the battlefield whose entire purpose in life was to destroy the nation as it was then conceived[.] ... This is all part of an informed discussion."

How "informed" the discussion will be is anyone's guess.  Historians of the Civil War will be mightily interested in the outcome of "Portrait-gate," as expunging of the South's greatest generals from the historical narrative might change the overall story a smidgen. 

The portraits may or may not be in the third-floor hallway now.  They will probably progress to the basement later, and then at the last be thrown into a bonfire.

I am reminded of the actions of Thutmose III and Akhnaten of Egypt, both of whom assiduously devoted themselves to having Queen Hatshepsut's images chiseled off monuments dedicated to her so no one would remember her.  The pharaohs are a reminder that historical revisionism is nothing new.  Certainly, if similar "off the wall" action is applied to the Southern generals, it will appear to future cadets that the only worthy military heroes of the Civil War have been from the victorious Northern States.  Other "losers" like Hannibal, Hector, Napoleon, Rommel, and Von Manstein -- all of whom fought well but ultimately lost -- may also be nixed from the list of study-worthy generals, their place consigned to the dustbin of history.

While the fate of the portraits is still under discussion, one can draw a few conclusions and hazard some predictions should the offending visages be permanently obliterated from the walls of the War College and other military institutions such as West Point.

First, the left's smoldering animus toward the South will once again be revealed.  For many progressives, the South is still a bastion of racism.  The institution of slavery and the guilt associated with it never have been and never will be expunged as far as progressives are concerned.  Attaching the guilt of slavery to the South still provides a handy and frequently used political tool.  Progressives are loath to have that tool taken out of their hands, as it reinforces their punitive attitude toward the region and conservatives in general.  Removal of the portraits doubtless is seen as just retribution for the sins of the past.

Second, progressives love divisiveness and conflict, as it splinters the opposition and provides political capital.  Stoking the fires of the old Civil War and lighting a match to a new civil war probably is seen as a positive development.  After all, turning Americans against one another provides a chance for progressives to divide and conquer, as well as to effect "fundamental transformation."

Third, the question of just what happens to the history of the Civil War if a revisionist trend becomes established protocol for writing history must be asked.  Are we soon to see Matthew Brady's and other great Civil War photographers' work PhotoShopped, the faces of the offending Southern generals erased?  Will revisionist history take on the flavor of the Stalinist regime, which forbade any portraits or photos other than those of the victorious?  Will Southern history go down a memory hole?

God forbid.

But perhaps there is a bright side to Portrait-gate.  Poking the South in the eye may backfire.  The insult to the South's military leaders may be one of many ways to stimulate a Southern stampede to the right.

Many Southerners are sick to death of the left's condescending stereotypes.  They are tired of being despised for their devotion to religion; tired of contemptuous dismissal of their view of the history of the Confederacy; tired of being categorized as still being in the backwoods, both culturally and socially; tired of being thought of as ignorant rednecks descended from regressive stock. 

The seemingly insignificant but hubristic takedown of Lee's and Jackson's portraits may be a symbolic indication that Democrats in Virginia could themselves be in danger of a takedown. 

Certainly it would be pleasant to think of the prospect that Virginia, which has been slowly turning purple due to strangulation by progressives, might once again become bright red with rage.

The conservative South may yet rise again.

Fay Voshell is a frequent contributor to American Thinker.  She may be reached at fvoshell@yahoo.com.


Page Printed from: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/../2013/12/erasing_southern_history_the_bonfire_of_the_portraits.html at December 20, 2013 - 09:43:32 AM CST



__._,_.___
 


           

__,_._,___


--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Fwd: [New post] Obama Breaks Tradition and Politicizes Olympics with Gay US Delegation




Brent P. posted: " Via Gateway Pundit: The Olympic games are renowned as a global event that transcend politics. But not for Barack Obama. Barack Obama announced this week the US will send a gay delegation to the Sochi Winter Olympics in Russia – including athletes Billy J"

New post on therightplanet.com

Obama Breaks Tradition and Politicizes Olympics with Gay US Delegation

by Brent P.

Via Gateway Pundit: The Olympic games are renowned as a global event that transcend politics. But not for Barack Obama. Barack Obama announced this week the US will send a gay delegation to the Sochi Winter Olympics in Russia – including athletes Billy Jean King (tennis – a summer sport), Caitlin Cahow (hockey) and Brian […]

Read more of this post

Brent P. | December 20, 2013 at 2:32 pm | URL: http://wp.me/p1SHGG-bRI

Comment    See all comments

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from therightplanet.com.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://www.therightplanet.com/2013/12/obama-breaks-tradition-and-politicizes-olympics-with-gay-us-delegation/




--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Re: DO IT: A&E List of Advertisers - Hit the Network Where it Hurts - The Wallet!

Except Phil Robertson didn't do that.  This is hateful intolerant far left spin from the militant Gay agenda.  I bet you get your marching orders from Little TommyTomTomForNews.
 
Statement made by Phil Robertson, December 19, 2013:

"I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior," he said in a statement sent to FOX411.

"My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

"However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."



On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM, plainolamerican <plainolamerican@gmail.com> wrote:
when they hear someone else dare stand for the courage of their conviction
---
calling gays all sorts of vile names says something about the value of their convictions.

On Friday, December 20, 2013 12:02:42 PM UTC-6, Travis wrote:






http://clashdaily.com/2013/12/ae-list-advertisers-hit-network-hurts-wallet/

 

DO IT: A&E List of Advertisers – Hit the Network Where it Hurts – The Wallet!

By Clash Daily / 19 December 2013 / 529 Comments

duckdynasty

By Brittany Pounders
Clash Daily Guest Contributor

I went to bed mad and I woke up still fuming at this culture of cry babies who throw tantrums when they hear someone else dare stand for the courage of their conviction and it happens to differ from theirs.  Especially when it comes from the party of the left– the self proclaimed "tolerant party."  Their tolerance famously stops at the end of their opinion and freedom of speech is a one way street.

Phil Robertson is just the latest victim.  A&E made a terrible mistake and I have a little comfort predicting that they will rue the day that they made the decision to fire the star for simply answering a question in an honest and matter of fact way when asked directly by a reporter.

But, putting that aside for now…what can YOU do to show your extreme displeasure?  Capitalism is a wonderful thing as it allows you to register your feelings, vote your pleasure/displeasure, and stand up for what YOU believe in as well…all with the dollars in your pocketbook.

As such, here is a preliminary list of A&E sponsors/advertisers.  We will work on getting contact info to add to this as well.  In addition, I've read that when you buy Duck Dynasty "gear" make sure it is the Duck Commander brand and NOT the Duck Dynasty brand as A&E owns that as well.

Sensodyne: 1-866-844-2797

T-Mobile: Twitter @TMobile / 1-877-453-1304

Samsung: (PR department) sams...@edelman.com / Twitter @samsungtweets / 1-800-726-7864

Motorola: Twitter @motorola / 1-800-734-58701-847-523-5000

Walgreens: Twitter @walgreens / 1-800-925-4733

IHOP:  1-866-444-5144 / Twitter @IHOP / 1-818-240-6055

Macy's: (PR Department) anne.k...@bloomingdales.com, 212-705-2434 / @Macys / 1-212-494-3000

Nokia: Twitter @Nokia / 1-888-665-4228

Microsoft: Twitter @microsoft / 1-800-642-7676

Verizon: Twitter @verizonwireless / 1-800- 837-4966

Bass Pro Shops: Twitter @Bass_Pro-Shops / 1-800-494-1300 or 1-800-227-7776

Progressive Insurance: 1-440-461-5000 / Michele...@progressive.com

You can also contact A&E directly at feedba...@aenetworks.com.

Speak up and speak loudly and urge your friends to do the same.

Read it at LibertyJuice.com


Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2013/12/ae-list-advertisers-hit-network-hurts-wallet/#ciwEtp3r2VUfzdTT.99

 



__._,_.___
 


           

__,_._,___


--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Re: [New post] The Silencing of the Ducks

Here's another example of far left extremists with their hateful spin, prevaricate talking points and outright lies trying to besmirch a good man.  Here's what Plain Ol' claims:
 
"Phil called gays perverted, immoral, god-haters, evil, insolent, indecent, obscene, murderers, heartless, ruthless, senseless, envious, etc. and here's the proof:"
Here is exactly what Phil Robertson said.  You be the judge:   Scripture:
 
 
17:57: 
"And Boy, is there some immorality going on around here!"
 
18:01:
"Does it get worse?"
 
18:07 (And referencing directly from Robertson's Bible as he holds it, Robertson then says)
"Therefore, because they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God he gave them over to shameful lust....Women exchanged natural relations and were inflamed with lust for one another; and the men were inflamed with lust for each other;"
 
18:24
 "Women with women....Men with men....They committed indecent acts with one another....And they received within themselves, the due penalty for their perversions...They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred; they are insolent, arrogant God haters.  They are heartless!  They are faithless, they are senseless. They are ruthless!  They invent ways of doing evil!"
 
19:02 (While holding up his Bible)
" That's what you have....235 years...Roughly.....After your forefathers....Founded the country."
 
19:11 (While holding up his Duck Whistles)
"So what are you going to do Pennsylvania? ~~~Just rumble?~~ You're going to die! ~~ Don't forget that! That's the bad news.  You're going to die. If he's not there?  We all lose. (Again picking up his Bible) If he is there~~And this is true, (referencing his Bible) And our Fathers, of our Country were correct....We do have some God given, unalienable rights. To live, be free and pursue happiness. If that much is true, then we've got some winners!  (Waving his Bible!)  I got to go with it....
 
20:08
"Now....Since it's fine with God, to shoot ducks, if you want to be a world champion duck caller, here's what you're gonna have to do:  (Blows Duck whistle)....."
 
 
 
 


On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM, plainolamerican <plainolamerican@gmail.com> wrote:
First, I watched your video, from where you marked it at 17:40  all the way to 20:18 when Robertson goes to doing Duck Calls.
 No where does Robertson say what you claim he says, that is an outright lie that you posted. 
---
i just checked the link his rant on gays starts at 17:57 - "and boy is there some immorality goin' on around here."
 
Second, yes, I agree with O'Reilly, and I admit that I got that point from him.
---
I had the same opinion before his show aired because you can't justify condemning gays.
Phil, like most xians, thinks he can condemn gays with impunity ... and in some ways he can, but he is paying the price now regardless of how many give him support.
 

On Friday, December 20, 2013 12:21:39 PM UTC-6, KeithInTampa wrote:
Two points:
 
First, I watched your video, from where you marked it at 17:40  all the way to 20:18 when Robertson goes to doing Duck Calls.
 
No where does Robertson say what you claim he says, that is an outright lie that you posted. 
 
Second, yes, I agree with O'Reilly, and I admit that I got that point from him.
 


On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM, plainolamerican <plainol...@gmail.com> wrote:
I actually agree somewhat with Plain Ol here.  Robertson went too far and actually violated Luke 6:37.
---
probably only because Bill O'Reilly also agrees.


  Had he just expressed his viewpoints about Homosexuality and not got into condemning them,
---
now he's paying the price for being a judgmental asshole, homophobe and islamaphobe.


  then I think Robertson might very well have a lawsuit against A&E. 
---
I'll bet the issue was detailed in his contract somewhere.
 
Plain Ol',  you should pray to your Pizza God, (or whatever Brine calls it)  that I don't work for you, because I would have you so tied up in litigation you wouldn't shit for months, your asshole would be so tight with fear.
---
every employer has the right and responsibility to silence employees from spewing religious shit on their co-workers.
I'm never afraid.

Phil called gays perverted, immoral, god-haters, evil, insolent, indecent, obscene, murderers, heartless, ruthless, senseless, envious, etc.
and here's the proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk5VmM4pRhM#t=1061
start at at 17 min mark

Phil, like many xian myth believers, publicly condemns and displays hatred for gays with impunity.
Now he's paying the price and putting all xians up for scorn and ridicule.
and on this issue they won't be getting any help from the jews ... who obviously don't obey their own scripture about dealing with gays. (Lev 20:13 If a man has sex with another man, kill them both.)


On Friday, December 20, 2013 8:46:49 AM UTC-6, KeithInTampa wrote:
I actually agree somewhat with Plain Ol here.  Robertson went too far and actually violated Luke 6:37.  Had he just expressed his viewpoints about Homosexuality and not got into condemning them,  then I think Robertson might very well have a lawsuit against A&E.  
 
Plain Ol',  you should pray to your Pizza God, (or whatever Brine calls it)  that I don't work for you, because I would have you so tied up in litigation you wouldn't shit for months, your asshole would be so tight with fear.


On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 1:58 AM, plainolamerican <plainol...@gmail.com> wrote:

the bearded patriarch fucked up when he condemned gays.
did he have a right to express his view? yes, but he also has to pay the consequences.

Only religious myth believers persecute gays.



On Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:57:26 PM UTC-6, Travis wrote:



Brent P. posted: "By: Terresa Monroe-Hamilton Noisy Room I did not start viewing Duck Dynasty until a few months ago. It has since become our favorite show and we can't get enough of it. Christian values, real people, guns and hunting – what's not to love? But it would s"

New post on therightplanet.com

The Silencing of the Ducks

by Brent P.

By: Terresa Monroe-Hamilton Noisy Room I did not start viewing Duck Dynasty until a few months ago. It has since become our favorite show and we can't get enough of it. Christian values, real people, guns and hunting – what's not to love? But it would seem that being a Christian and espousing your beliefs […]

Read more of this post

Brent P. | December 19, 2013 at 1:22 pm | URL: http://wp.me/p1SHGG-bQF

Comment    See all comments

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from therightplanet.com.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://www.therightplanet.com/2013/12/the-silencing-of-the-ducks/





--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforu...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforu...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Re: Furious 'Duck Dynasty' fans loaded for bear

If you fire him then he should take you to court and sue your ass as he did not spew religious motivated hatred towards gays or muslims......BTW, why don't the Muslims disown their own religious nuts......they rarely speak up and out against the beheadings their fellow brothers committ in the name of their religion  and you don't condemn their lack of action but condemn this man's right to tell you about his religion when asked by an unscrupulous reporter who was out to set him up. Questioning a religious belief can be an honest disagreement but to fire him for his belief is bordering on Facism. Seig Heil Plainolamerican....your screen name belies your true nature. His mistake was believing in an unbiased and fair liberal publication......why would a reporter even ask him about his personal beliefs if he wasn't already intending to use this against the man? Do you call that fair?
 
In a message dated 12/20/2013 10:47:02 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, plainolamerican@gmail.com writes:
How dare the employer question my personal beliefs...
---
if you work for me you will not spew religious motivated hatred toward gays or Muslims ... I will reprimand you as the law requires and if you continue the behavior I will fire you.

On Friday, December 20, 2013 8:17:06 AM UTC-6, Bill wrote:
 

 
 
I am a conservative gay man who believes in the freedom of speech even for those with whom I may disagree. Many younger people do not believe as the head of the family does and it would be interesting to hear what the younger members of the family have to say on this issue. Those conversations between the parties with different views would have made for good reality TV. This liberal political correctness by the producers of the show is unacceptable behavior that is leading this nation into Fascism! How dare the employer question my personal beliefs........those are none of his business. It's wrong to fire this man and just as wrong to fire a man who happens to be gay.
 







--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

US Students Falling Behind in Science and Math

Schools and students need your help!

Recent studies show that students in the U.S. are falling behind their counterparts in other nations in science and math literacy*.

The Scopes-4-Schools non-profit organization is trying to reverse this trend by making science education more fun and exciting.

We bring hands-on science activities directly to students and their parents at their schools, libraries and other public venues.

We need your help. Please make a donation to our outreach program. Know someone else that might want to get involved? Please share

this email.

to learn more about Scopes-4-Schools visit www.scopes-4-schools.org

* NY Times, Dec 12, 2012 "U.S. Students Still Lag Globally in Math and Science, Tests Show"

--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum

* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Re: Furious 'Duck Dynasty' fans loaded for bear

How dare the employer question my personal beliefs...
---
if you work for me you will not spew religious motivated hatred toward gays or muslims ... I will reprimand you as the law requires and if you continue the behavior I will fire you.

On Friday, December 20, 2013 8:17:06 AM UTC-6, Bill wrote:
 

 
 
I am a conservative gay man who believes in the freedom of speech even for those with whom I may disagree. Many younger people do not believe as the head of the family does and it would be interesting to hear what the younger members of the family have to say on this issue. Those conversations between the parties with different views would have made for good reality TV. This liberal political correctness by the producers of the show is unacceptable behavior that is leading this nation into facism! How dare the employer question my personal beliefs........those are none of his business. It's wrong to fire this man and just as wrong to fire a man who happens to be gay.
 







--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Re: DO IT: A&E List of Advertisers - Hit the Network Where it Hurts - The Wallet!

when they hear someone else dare stand for the courage of their conviction
---
calling gays all sorts of vile names says something about the value of their convictions.

On Friday, December 20, 2013 12:02:42 PM UTC-6, Travis wrote:






http://clashdaily.com/2013/12/ae-list-advertisers-hit-network-hurts-wallet/

 

DO IT: A&E List of Advertisers – Hit the Network Where it Hurts – The Wallet!

By Clash Daily / 19 December 2013 / 529 Comments

duckdynasty

By Brittany Pounders
Clash Daily Guest Contributor

I went to bed mad and I woke up still fuming at this culture of cry babies who throw tantrums when they hear someone else dare stand for the courage of their conviction and it happens to differ from theirs.  Especially when it comes from the party of the left– the self proclaimed "tolerant party."  Their tolerance famously stops at the end of their opinion and freedom of speech is a one way street.

Phil Robertson is just the latest victim.  A&E made a terrible mistake and I have a little comfort predicting that they will rue the day that they made the decision to fire the star for simply answering a question in an honest and matter of fact way when asked directly by a reporter.

But, putting that aside for now…what can YOU do to show your extreme displeasure?  Capitalism is a wonderful thing as it allows you to register your feelings, vote your pleasure/displeasure, and stand up for what YOU believe in as well…all with the dollars in your pocketbook.

As such, here is a preliminary list of A&E sponsors/advertisers.  We will work on getting contact info to add to this as well.  In addition, I've read that when you buy Duck Dynasty "gear" make sure it is the Duck Commander brand and NOT the Duck Dynasty brand as A&E owns that as well.

Sensodyne: 1-866-844-2797

T-Mobile: Twitter @TMobile / 1-877-453-1304

Samsung: (PR department) sams...@edelman.com / Twitter @samsungtweets / 1-800-726-7864

Motorola: Twitter @motorola / 1-800-734-5870 / 1-847-523-5000

Walgreens: Twitter @walgreens / 1-800-925-4733

IHOP:  1-866-444-5144 / Twitter @IHOP / 1-818-240-6055

Macy's: (PR Department) anne.k...@bloomingdales.com, 212-705-2434 / @Macys / 1-212-494-3000

Nokia: Twitter @Nokia / 1-888-665-4228

Microsoft: Twitter @microsoft / 1-800-642-7676

Verizon: Twitter @verizonwireless / 1-800- 837-4966

Bass Pro Shops: Twitter @Bass_Pro-Shops / 1-800-494-1300 or 1-800-227-7776

Progressive Insurance: 1-440-461-5000 / Michele...@progressive.com

You can also contact A&E directly at feedba...@aenetworks.com.

Speak up and speak loudly and urge your friends to do the same.

Read it at LibertyJuice.com


Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2013/12/ae-list-advertisers-hit-network-hurts-wallet/#ciwEtp3r2VUfzdTT.99

 



__._,_.___
 


           

__,_._,___


--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Re: [New post] The Silencing of the Ducks

First, I watched your video, from where you marked it at 17:40  all the way to 20:18 when Robertson goes to doing Duck Calls.
 No where does Robertson say what you claim he says, that is an outright lie that you posted. 
---
i just checked the link his rant on gays starts at 17:57 - "and boy is there some immorality goin' on around here."
 
Second, yes, I agree with O'Reilly, and I admit that I got that point from him.
---
I had the same opinion before his show aired because you can't justify condemning gays.
Phil, like most xians, thinks he can condemn gays with impunity ... and in some ways he can, but he is paying the price now regardless of how many give him support.
 

On Friday, December 20, 2013 12:21:39 PM UTC-6, KeithInTampa wrote:
Two points:
 
First, I watched your video, from where you marked it at 17:40  all the way to 20:18 when Robertson goes to doing Duck Calls.
 
No where does Robertson say what you claim he says, that is an outright lie that you posted. 
 
Second, yes, I agree with O'Reilly, and I admit that I got that point from him.
 


On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM, plainolamerican <plainol...@gmail.com> wrote:
I actually agree somewhat with Plain Ol here.  Robertson went too far and actually violated Luke 6:37.
---
probably only because Bill O'Reilly also agrees.


  Had he just expressed his viewpoints about Homosexuality and not got into condemning them,
---
now he's paying the price for being a judgmental asshole, homophobe and islamaphobe.


  then I think Robertson might very well have a lawsuit against A&E. 
---
I'll bet the issue was detailed in his contract somewhere.
 
Plain Ol',  you should pray to your Pizza God, (or whatever Brine calls it)  that I don't work for you, because I would have you so tied up in litigation you wouldn't shit for months, your asshole would be so tight with fear.
---
every employer has the right and responsibility to silence employees from spewing religious shit on their co-workers.
I'm never afraid.

Phil called gays perverted, immoral, god-haters, evil, insolent, indecent, obscene, murderers, heartless, ruthless, senseless, envious, etc.
and here's the proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk5VmM4pRhM#t=1061
start at at 17 min mark

Phil, like many xian myth believers, publicly condemns and displays hatred for gays with impunity.
Now he's paying the price and putting all xians up for scorn and ridicule.
and on this issue they won't be getting any help from the jews ... who obviously don't obey their own scripture about dealing with gays. (Lev 20:13 If a man has sex with another man, kill them both.)


On Friday, December 20, 2013 8:46:49 AM UTC-6, KeithInTampa wrote:
I actually agree somewhat with Plain Ol here.  Robertson went too far and actually violated Luke 6:37.  Had he just expressed his viewpoints about Homosexuality and not got into condemning them,  then I think Robertson might very well have a lawsuit against A&E.  
 
Plain Ol',  you should pray to your Pizza God, (or whatever Brine calls it)  that I don't work for you, because I would have you so tied up in litigation you wouldn't shit for months, your asshole would be so tight with fear.


On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 1:58 AM, plainolamerican <plainol...@gmail.com> wrote:

the bearded patriarch fucked up when he condemned gays.
did he have a right to express his view? yes, but he also has to pay the consequences.

Only religious myth believers persecute gays.



On Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:57:26 PM UTC-6, Travis wrote:



Brent P. posted: "By: Terresa Monroe-Hamilton Noisy Room I did not start viewing Duck Dynasty until a few months ago. It has since become our favorite show and we can't get enough of it. Christian values, real people, guns and hunting – what's not to love? But it would s"

New post on therightplanet.com

The Silencing of the Ducks

by Brent P.

By: Terresa Monroe-Hamilton Noisy Room I did not start viewing Duck Dynasty until a few months ago. It has since become our favorite show and we can't get enough of it. Christian values, real people, guns and hunting – what's not to love? But it would seem that being a Christian and espousing your beliefs […]

Read more of this post

Brent P. | December 19, 2013 at 1:22 pm | URL: http://wp.me/p1SHGG-bQF

Comment    See all comments

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from therightplanet.com.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://www.therightplanet.com/2013/12/the-silencing-of-the-ducks/





--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforu...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforu...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.