Saturday, 4 January 2014

Fwd: a new project i'm working on...



---------


Happy new year and I hope your Christmas was as great as you all are. You've probably seen my posts on this blowing up Facebook lately, but I wanted to write a personal email letting you know directly about this new thing I'm up to that should be interesting to libertarians, media/communications people, and badasses across the board...

You can check out the website for it to get the full story and watch the video, but basically, I am undertaking a multimedia journalism project -- essay, video, photography -- on the stories of Iranian immigrants to the United States and their American-born children. I am crowdfunding $5,000 by February 1st in order to do this as part of a cross-country trip and seminar series organized by the Millennial Trains Project. My project itself is called Rose Petal Pathways: Journeys Through Iranian America.

You guys know from our friendship that I have a personal stake in doing a good job on this, being the daughter of a man who left Iran in the wake of the Islamic Revolution of 1979. And since so much political stuff is happening right now between Iran and the United States, I think that documenting the perspectives of the people who have a foot in both worlds could be a really revealing, really powerful undertaking. 

I consider you my good friends and I know you're all very passionate about these kinds of grassroots/indie activities, so I'm reaching out in the hopes you'll decide to spread the word in your networks and maybe even contribute as well. You can go to the website (http://bit.ly/rpp-iran) to get more detail and donate if you like what you see. Right now I'm hoping those who are so inclined will contribute in the $25 range, but, of course, any amount counts.

Please spread the word to all of your friends -- ALL of them! ;) -- that a fellow libertarian is reaching out for support!

Always yours,
Julie

--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to politicalforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.